My Photo
Name:
Location: Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, August 23, 2007

HDTV or not

HDTV or not Wed 21 Mar 07 13:07
Go into Tesco’s, Comet and the like and you will be spoilt for choice between HD Ready flat screen TV’s, priced from £500 upwards

What these buy one get one free monopolistic ripoff merchants neglect to remind you is that they produce an image 720, 768 or even 780 pixel lines high, a bit better than your old PAL signal having 576 lines, yet proper high definition is 1080 lines high. In the larger outlets you will see these 1080 tellys with a sticker that says “True HD”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wik... I haven’t checked the HD/BluRay DVD's definition but I wouldn't be surprised if they are mostly 1080

Sky and Virgin broadcast their HD content in 1080 lines, your brand new “HD Nearly Ready” scales the picture down to suit its craptasticness

“Sale And Supply Of Goods Act 1994”, I want my money back and I’ll wait a year for the proper ones to be stocked

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home