My Photo
Name:
Location: Staffordshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bye Bye LS

Google fun #2 Thu 12 Jul 07 14:01
Type in any of the following and then click the "I'm feeling lucky" button

google l33t
google swedish chef
google loco
google elmer fudd

and my fave

google gothic

Voting for BJ Mon 21 May 07 14:32
I can’t be bothered to vote because there isn’t really a party out there that floats my boat nor does one vote make any difference

I could be a political assassin though dressed like a ninja but er ok well I’ll shut up now

There is one guy I would positively vote for, even go out campaigning for, and that man is Boris Johnson, here's a collection of his best quotes: -

While at the Daily Telegraph, explaining why his work was usually late, “Dark forces dragged me away from the keyboard, swirling forces of irresistible intensity and power”

Explaining why he quit after a week as a management consultant, “Try as I might, I could not look at an overhead projection of a growth profit matrix, and stay conscious”

“Yes, cannabis is dangerous, but no more than other perfectly legal drugs. It's time for a rethink, and the Tory party - the funkiest, most jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening”

“I don't see why people are so snooty about Channel 5. It has some respectable documentaries about the Second World War. It also devotes considerable airtime to investigations into lap dancing, and other related and vital subjects”

“Nor do I propose to defend the right to talk on a mobile while driving a car, though I don't believe that is necessarily any more dangerous than the many other risky things that people do with their free hands while driving - nose-picking, reading the paper, studying the A-Z, beating the children, and so on”

“I forgot that to rely on a train, in Blair's Britain, is to engage in a crapshoot with the devil”

“I have as much chance of becoming Prime Minister as of being decapitated by a frisbee or of finding Elvis”

“The Lib Dems are not just empty. They are a void within a vacuum surrounded by a vast inanition”

“Some readers will no doubt say that a devil is inside me; and though my faith is a bit like Magic FM in the Chilterns, in that the signal comes and goes, I can only hope that isn't so”

“My friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters”

“Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3”

“Life isn’t like coursework, baby. It’s one damn essay crisis after another”

“I'm backing David Cameron's campaign out of pure, cynical self-interest”

“I think I was once given cocaine but I sneezed so it didn't go up my nose. In fact, it may have been icing sugar”

“I could not fail to disagree with you less”

Lost or what Tue 15 May 07 16:57
Not the TV programme, an extract from Charlie Stross's blog about GPS in mobile phones, how interesting is that

"Right now, Nokia is designing global positioning system receivers into every new mobile phone they plan to sell. GPS receivers in a phone SIM card have been demonstrated. GPS is exploding everywhere. It used to be for navigating battleships; now it's in your pocket, along with a moving map. And GPS is pretty crude — you need open line of sight on the satellites, and the signal's messed up. We can do better than this, and we will. In five years, we'll all have phones that connect physical locations again, instead of (or as well as) people. And we'll be raising a generation of kids who don't know what it is to be lost, to not know where you are and how to get to some desired destination from wherever that is.

Think about that. "Being lost" has been part of the human experience ever since our hominid ancestors were knuckle-walking around the plains of Africa. And we're going to lose it — at least, we're going to make it as unusual an experience as finding yourself out in public without your underpants."

It's an interesting discussion about the future, lifeblogs, privacy issues, if you like that kinda thing http://www.antipope.org/cha...

The last time I was lost was last weekend on a motorway, but it was abroad, dam satnavs! In stupid sexy Flanders!

FREE PARIS HILTON Fri 11 May 07 12:58
BOGOF (buy one get one free, did you see what I did there)

The petition to send her to prison has three times as many signatures as the one to keep her out, you can sign the “Jail Paris Hilton” one here http://www.ipetitions.com/p...

I signed both petitions, as Mr. London HolidayInn and Mr. Liverpool TravelLodge, just to be on the safe side

I really ought to do some work now

Were you taking the piss? Wed 9 May 07 13:01 I saw you racing up the inside lane when you must have seen the artic broken down, we were all queuing in the outside, and when the tranny van in front cut in I kinda figured you might do the same and cut me up. So there you were in your hatchback with your winkers on, and I’m guessing you could tell by the 6 millimetre gap I left, I was kinda late and feeling uncharitable

I can’t figure out if you were a very good driver or just dumb, anyway as you poked your elegently manicured thumb out the window as you cut in, and gave me the thumbs up even before I had backed off, I was a bit grrrr, but I don’t do the beeping finger waving headlights thing unless someone is really naughty. And I’m basically a mellow fellow. And then as you pulled in you gave me a wave. So I waved back. And you waved again. So I waved back. Kinda reminds me of one early morning on the M42 when 2 lorry drivers kept winking thanks to each other for miles, and I just had to slow down and smile. And then I overtook you and I never look across

So were you talking the piss or not ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home